Value pH 8
A higher than normal pH SCORE (above 7.5) may result from taking a urine test later in the day, from a diet rich in vegetables, or from a urinary tract problem.
A urine pH 8 indicates a highly alkaline or basic urine. Such a high pH level may be indicative of certain health conditions or dietary factors.
Possible conditions related to a pH 8 include:
- Urinary tract infection: Alkaline urine can promote bacterial growth, increasing the risk of UTIs.
- Kidney stones: High pH may lead to the formation of certain types of kidney stones.
- Urinary tract obstruction: pH levels can be affected by blocked urinary flow. - Alkalosis: A systemic condition where the body's pH level becomes excessively basic.
- Consult a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis.
- Increase water intake to stay well-hydrated and flush the urinary system.
- Modify diet by reducing high-alkaline foods (e.g., dairy, certain vegetables) and consuming more acidic foods (e.g., citrus fruits).
- Avoid excessive protein intake, as it can contribute to alkaline urine.
- Follow prescribed medications or treatments as per the healthcare provider's advice.
*Remember that this information is general and not a substitute for medical advice.