ASCORBIC ACID not detected
Your test result of ASCORBIC ACID NOT DETECTED. Ascorbic Acid is a natural water-soluble vitamin (Vitamin C). Ascorbic acid is a potent reducing and antioxidant agent that functions in fighting bacterial infections, in detoxifying reactions, and in the formation of collagen in fibrous tissue, teeth, bones, connective tissue, skin, and capillaries.
If ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is not detected in urine, it could indicate a potential deficiency of this essential vitamin. Ascorbic acid plays a crucial role in various bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, collagen synthesis, and acting as an antioxidant.
- Increase Vitamin C intake: Consume foods rich in Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits (oranges, lemons), strawberries, broccoli, bell peppers, and kiwi.
- Supplements: Consider taking Vitamin C supplements after consulting with a healthcare professional.
- Balanced Diet: Ensure a well-balanced diet containing a variety of fruits and vegetables to get other essential nutrients.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol: Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption can deplete Vitamin C levels, so minimize or quit these habits.
- Regular Check-ups: Monitor Vitamin C levels through regular check-ups to track improvement.
- Consult a Healthcare Professional: If you suspect a deficiency or have health concerns, seek advice from a healthcare provider for personalized recommendations.
*Remember that this information is general and not a substitute for medical advice.